Through workflow is understood the automating business processes, in which documents, information, and the tasks are passed from one participant to another for action, according to a predefined set of procedural rules.
For a best possible adaptation is necessary an analyse of data flows for identifying routes travelled by the documents. These paths are called workflows and can be represented graphically.
After they are introduced - workflows, documents and tasks will follow these preset routes and their progress can be tracked in real time by users.
- defining and easy maintenance of documents workflow by administrator;
- defining sequential and parallel flows on all levels of organization;
- using roles and groups in defining flows;
- types of flow steps: Approval/Allocation/Information (acknowledge);
- notifications/email alerts at flow level and step flow;
- rights for execution flows;
- moving documents automatically in areas of documents;
- deadline for execution of workflows and workflow steps;
- posts on every step, between the users, related to the document;
- instant messaging – real-time communication between users;
- delegation of tasks (tasks may be delegated by workflows);
- graphic control panel-DASHBOARD - for monitoring flows: active flows, concluded flows, rejected documents signed on user/company, expired documents etc.;
- user Inbox - cataloging flows by type.
- increased efficiency - the automation of processes has as consequence the elimination of many unnecessary steps;
- process control - standardizing working methods and the possibility of verifying the actions undertaken throughout the process provides better control of it;
- relationships with customers - easy data movement reduces the response time in terms of customer needs;
- flexibility - the applications can be adapted to the changes occurred during the remodeling workflow;
- decision-making process - using flow creates a collaborative working environment that facilitates optimal decisions in a short time;
- clarity - using well-defined steps in the process, should eliminate downtime and uncertainties of the system.